Explore our free resources for small business owners and entrepreneurs in Big Country.
- Business Plan Outline
- Community Futures Business Loan Application
- Community Futures Micro-loan Application (Download and complete the PDF, then bring completed form to our office.)
- SME Direct - Gain access to a wealth of small business information available through Industry Canada.
- Bplans.com Small Business Planning Centre - In-depth site of how to start a business.
- ENTERWeb - Quality source of information on small business, finance, community development, international trade, entrepreneurship, enterprise development, and the economy.
- The Go Forth Institute For Entrepreneurial Skills Development - If you're looking to bolster your understanding of how to start, run or grow a successful and profitable business, learn GoForth Institute's 100 Essential Small Business Skills™ in only 10 hours conveniently delivered to your computer through streaming video and an option 400+ page resource curriculum book.
- Workink - An online career development AND employment portal for Canadians with disabilities.
- Alberta Works - offers employment and career resources, training supports, Alberta job & career fairs, income support, and health benefits
- Alberta/Canada Job Grant - Train the workers you need. The Alberta-Canada job grant can help fund training for your new or current employees
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada - Express Entry Information for Employers - You can fill labour market shortages permanently with skilled foreign nationals.
- BDC Entrepreneurs First - Business Development Bank of Canada's entrepreneurship opportunities.
- Futurpreneur - Assisting young entrepreneurs to get their ideas off the ground, Youth Business offers programs and services that allow them to achieve economic independence, develop self-confidence, and fulfill their goals of self-employment.
- The Youth Entrepreneur's Network - An online community that supports the needs of young entrepreneurs from around the world as they attempt to build and thrive in their own businesses
- Youth Café - Government of Canada website for youth seeking employment opportunities.
- Aboriginal Youth Business Council
- Business Link Indigenous Services
- BDC Indigenous Entrepreneur
- Indigenous Services Canada
- Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
Government of Alberta
- Government of Alberta
- Alberta Grants & Funding
- Alberta Investor Tax Credit (AITC)
- Alberta Small Business Resources
- Business and Economy
- Canada-Alberta Job Grant
- Community (Local) Economic Development
- Agriculture & Forestry
- Economic Development & Trade
- BizPal Alberta
- Corporate Registries
- Advanced Education
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Community and Regional Economic Development Funding Opportunities
Government of Canada
- Government of Canada
- Agriculture & Agrifood Canada
- Canada Border Services Agency
- Canada Business Network - General Links
- Canada Business Service Centre
- Canadian Industry Statistics
- The Western Canada Business Service Network (WCBSN)
- Canada Revenue Agency
- Global Affairs Canada
- Employment & Social Development Canada
- Innovation, Science & Economic Development Canada
- Service Canada
- Statistics Canada
- Trade Commissioner Service Canada
- Western Canada Economic Diversification
Entrepreneurs with Disabilities
Francophone Economic Development Organization
Business Education & Other Resources
- Agriculture Financial Services
- Alberta Innovates
- Alberta Women Entrepreneurs
- Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC)
- Business Link
- Canadian Commercial Corporation
- Dun and Bradstreet Business Information Services
- Entrepreneur's Organization
- Farm Credit Canada
- The Go Forth Institute For Entrepreneurial Skills Development
- The World Bank
Starting a business in a city (Calgary/Edmonton)
Business Link operates walk-in centres in Edmonton and Calgary. They offer information and advice about everything from start-up, regulations, financing and loan programs to marketing, product sourcing, e-business and government programs and services. They can also be reached via a toll-free business information line: 1-800-272-9675.
Let’s see what we can do for your business
Give us a call, send us an email, or drop in for a chat.